Enough with pressure cooker books and websites teaching you how to make the same ‘ol brown runny stews, beans and soups!
Get ready for a new kind of cooking: hip pressure cooking. Which brings new ingredients, recipes and techniques to the pressure cooker to make your every-day cooking faster, healthier and easier.. all with less energy!
She had an exciting career managing IT projects in the tech sector of the San Francisco Bay Area working for software and media companies and one city government (including The San Francisco Chronicle, TiVo and Microsoft). Her last post in the Bay Area was leading an IT team at the City and County of San Francisco until her son was born.
Laura picked up her first pressure cooker after seeing a friend boiling whole potatoes in 10 minutes flat, and she never looked back. Soon, she realized that the flavor pressure cooking retains likens the results to tasting food in High Definition. She began posting waaay too many recipes on her personal blog (which nobody reads since 2003), hence the birth of Hip Pressure Cooking.
Currently, Laura lives in Italy near Rome, and travels frequently to the United States and Europe to share her passion for kitchen technology.
pressure cooker victories!
- Filmed commercial for electric pressure cooker manufacturer.
- Was invited to do electric pressure cooker demonstration on QVC UK.
- Co-sponsor and organizer a pressure cooker demo tour in New York for August 2014.
- Wrote and photographed pressure cooker cookbook, Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh & Flavorful, with St. Martins Griffin /Macmillan (September 2, 2014) which will reveal how ingredients react under pressure with original easy-to-follow recipes with a minimum of prep. The book is filled with tips, techniques and detailed information that has never been shared before- a must-have reference for pressure cookery.
- Starred in several instructional and recipe videos produced by Instant Pot to introduce their new electric pressure cooker model.
- Organized and co-sponsored with three pressure cooker manufactures an 11 event, seven city, pressure cooker 2013 demo tour in America’s West Coast.
- Interviewed for Pressure Cooker Feature Article by the Sacramento Bee Newspaper.
- Filmed TV project with Kingstar Production- that will air internationally starting 2013.
- Interviewed about pressure cooking on Martha Stewart Living Radio.
- Developed recipes and wrote an article on pressure cooking for Latina Magazine December 2012/January 2013 issue.
- Published a cookbook project with Adams Media, The Everything Healthy Pressure Cooker (October 2012). Laura healthyfied many of the publisher’s recipes (removing cans, flavor packets, bullion cubes and processed foods) and adapted the recipes to work with both stove top and electric pressure cookers. Also included are some favorite pressure cooker recipes from the website.
- Completed 2012 USA pressure cooker demonstration tour at various Williams-Sonoma locations and private cooking schools.
- Provided recipes and photographs to manufacturer that translated into French and German and published in their newsletter and website.
- Held pressure cooker demonstrations and technique introductions to pressure cooker manufacturer in Germany, Luxembourg, and the headquarters of allrecipes.com Seattle (USA)
- Presented about pressure cookers and possible recipes and cooking techniques at the cooking school of La Cucina Italiana magazine headquarters in Milano, Italy.
- Provided recipes for pressure cooker manufacturer recipe book
- Provided recipes and photographs to be used in Italian point-of-sale brochure
- Featured and Interviewed as Celebrity Chef on manufacturer website
- Scroll further down to see links to guest posts and mentions on top foodie websites!
pressure cooking network
Laura could not present you with delicious, solid recipes without the support, testing and inspiration from her mother-in-law, Margherita (who has 5 pressure cookers and lives in Southern Italy), sister-in-law Katia (who just received her first modern pressure cooker and lives in Nashville, TN), her Italian copy-editor and fixer of creative translations Lina (who lives in Tuscany), her neighbor and friend Giuseppina (a busy working mom) and countless readers who take the time to leave comments and suggestions at the bottom of the recipes on this website.
what others are saying…
“Laura is full of enthusiasm for pressure cooking and is very adventurous. Her photographs are gorgeous, and she’s doing a great job of showing her blog readers just how versatile pressure cooking is and why the ‘pc’ deserves a place in everyone’s kitchen.” - Lorna Sass, Pressure Cooking Queen, author of several Pressure Cooking books, including the groundbreaking Cooking Under Pressure
“I’m thrilled and inspired to find a kindred pressure cooking spirit in Laura. I like that her recipes are straightforward and use seasonal ingredients. I’m sure that her Hip Pressure Cooking blog will reach and inspire readers to pick up a pressure cooker, get into the kitchen and cook. Thanks Laura!” - Jill Nussinow, The Veggie Queen, author and creator of Pressure Cooking, a Fresh Look DVD
“..our blog of choice for pressure cooking goodness. Perfect for newbies to the wonders of pressure cooking and more than interesting for those of us who have been cooking under pressure for years” – An Island Gourmand
“It is about time for some ‘new blood’ in pressure cooking!” - Avid Reader of Hip Pressure Cooking
hip pressure cookers
We regularly rotate the pressure cookers used and photographed in my recipes, but often, we’re asked what they are and how we like them. Read our detailed pressure cooker reviews to see what we really think about each one!
Want to see your pressure cooker on this website? Contact us at email@example.com
the recipes and website
The hip pressure cooking test kitchen is dedicated to using whole foods, fresh ingredients and unadulterated recipes. They are either conceived for, or adapted to, the pressure cooker through trial and error, We will not publish a recipe unless it has been tested several times to get consistent results. We take all of the photos and -other than artful arrangement- there are no tricks. We photograph what really comes out of the pressure cooker.
hip pressure cooking readers are from all over the world, though the majority of them (80%) are American.
We’re looking to partner and collaborate with key companies to bring new cooks to pressure cooking and teach them about equipment and ingredient innovations. We provide pressure cooker manufacturers with free published recipes and photographs to use with their product, or exclusive content for their activities to promote pressure cooking. World-wide pressure cooker demonstrations are also possible for minimal cost.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodie Eye Candy
Pressure Cooker Manufacturers
view my recipes