Boozy ‘Taters or Marsala Wine Potatoes Side
These potatoes don’t taste boozy at all as most of the alcohol evaporates during cooking, leaving just that extra kick of sweetness and flavor. Leaving the skins on the potatoes makes this recipe even faster, and healthier! The skins of the potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals including 18% of the recommended daily allowance of iron and 7.5 grams of protein! Throw that bit of knowledge around at your next dinner party as you serve this quirky skin-on potato side dish!
- 4-5 Medium Potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of Marsala, Vin Santo, or any other sweet dry wine (or vegetable broth)
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes well, scrubbing the skins with a brush or a scrubby-sponge.
- In the pressure cooker, with the lid off on medium heat, add a swirl of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add the potatoes, salt, pepper and Rosemary. Swoosh around in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, being careful to scrub all the yummy bits stuck to the bottom of the pan and incorporating them in the sauce.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the heat to high. When the pan reaches pressure, put the flame to low and count 6 minutes cooking time.
- When time is up, release all of the vapor and open the pan.