Update: The very first batch of these pressure cookers sold before June 2015 were re-called and re-placedwith brand new units. Instant Pot has fixed the flaw and is only selling the updated pots, now.
“There is no more ‘pressure cooker’ or ‘slow cooker’ just an ‘I decide how fast’ cooker – thanks to the first programmable smartcooker.”
– Laura Pazzaglia, founder of the hip pressure cooking website
Instant Pot’s newest model is based on the success of their previous model (DUO) with 7-pre programmed functions, lid slots, etc., but has leapfrogged all multi-cookers to become a smartcooker – a cooking appliance with functionality that can be custom programmed by the cook. The SMART comes with a downloadable app (for iPad/iPhone – Android
MarchApril or June 2015) that already contains recipe scripts and gives you the ability to write your own – you choose the time, temperature and pressure.
For example, you can write a recipe script to slow cook something at a high temperature for an hour and then a lower temperature for 5 hours. Or, you can write a recipe script to pressure cook something at the high pressure for 10 minutes and then slow cook it for an hour – the combinations are endless! The app can tell Instant Pot to hold any temperature from 68-239°F (20-115°C) for up to 99 hours per script step (you can set 15 steps in a SMART recipe script) to within +/- 1°C of accuracy.
If you don’t want to tinker, you can also download smartcooker recipe scripts from the hip pressure cooking website to automatically calculate a recipes’ pressure cooking and opening time (if any). The Instant Pot smart cooker app communicates with the smartcooker via Bluetooth® wireless technology.
Even without the app, the Instant Pot SMART is still a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker and it can saute’ foods as well as keep them warm and the display now shares even more information like when the heating element is on or off, and what level of pressure is inside the cooker (if any).
Take a peek at how it works:
About the Coupon
* Coupon valid for a limited time (can be disabled any time)
* $60 discount from $249.95 for an Instant Pot IP-SMART 6L pressure cooker with accessories (see below)
* Free Shipping to Canada and Continental U.S. (excluding Alaska & Hawaii)
* Support hip pressure cooking (at no additional cost to you)
* Coupon can only be used for purchases directly from the manufacturer (no retailers)
Use these coupons (and discount codes) at the Instant Pot store to get discounts
Instant Pot is an electric pressure and multi-cooker with the following features:
- Free iOS app (Android app to be available
MarchJune 2015) to program complex cooking steps in recipe scripts on your smartphone/tablet and execute on the cooker wirelessly via Bluetooth® (in English).
- 6L/6.33-quart Steel Cooking Pot
- 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot for durability
- Finger-print resistant brushed stainless steel exterior
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker (Pressure cooker, Slow cooker, Rice cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Warmer and Yogurt Maker)
- 10 Safety Mechanisms, UL and ULC Certified
- 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs: Meat/Stew, Soup, Sauté, Poultry, Bean/Chili, Steam, Multigrain, Porrige, Rice and Slow Cook , Keep- Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice- including manual Pressure Cooking setting
- Selectable High or Low pressure cooking
- 3 Adjustable Modes for most functions. 3 Sauté temperature and 3 Slow Cook temperatures
- Delay Cooking Timer: Up to 24 hours
- 1000W heating element for faster cooking
- Automatic Keep-warm
- Accessories included: stainless steel steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, silicone pot grippers
- Instructions, recipes and cooking time table in English, Spanish, French and Chinese are included
NOTE: The Instant Pot SMART is a first-of-its-kind pressure cooker. Although it was thoroughly tested before being released there may still be some “bugs” that will only be discovered by real-world use. The purchase price of this pressure cooker includes free software (app) and firmware (pressure cooker control panel) updates. Be sure to register your pressure cooker to receive information about the latest updates and join us in the forums to tell us about your experience once you get your Instant Pot SMART!