Tipsy Amaretti Stuffed Peaches in Minutes!
Sweet, tart, crunchy and elegant these peaches take more time to describe than to cook. They are steamed in red wine and dessert is served in just 4 minutes!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|4 L or larger||steamer basket||3 min.||High(2)||Normal|
Amaretti Stuffed Peaches – pressure cooker recipe
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: pressure cooker recipe
Substitute peaches with nectarines, or apricots.
- 1 cup red wine (or water)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup Amaretti Cookies, crumbled (about 8 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 peaches, mature but firm
- Prepare the pressure cooker by pouring in the wine and sugar and positioning the steamer basket.
- Crumble the cookies and almonds in a chopper and mix in the lemon zest and melted butter.
- Wash the peaches well, slice them in half and remove the pittt. Make the pit cavity a little bigger by using a melon-baller.
- Fill and dust the top of the peaches with the cookie crumble filling and lower into the steamer basket of your pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 3 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Remove the peaches with tongs to individual plates.
- Reduce the red wine in the cooker (without the lid) until syrupy and drizzle onto the peaches.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.