Italian Chicken Liver Pate’ Spread – pressure cooker recipe
Although the traditional pate’ recipe isn’t particularly difficult or time consuming, you will love the pressure cooker version which uses a little less butter and is ready in just 10 minutes – including 3 minutes under pressure!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|4 L or larger||none||3-5 min.||High(2)||Normal|
Italian Chicken Liver Pate' Spread - pressure cooker recipe
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: pressure cooker
Cuisine: Italian, French
- ¾ of a lb or 350mg Chicken Livers
- 1 Medium Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Bay Laurel leaf
- ¼ of a cup of Red Wine or Rum or Whisky
- 2 Anchovies in oil
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put a little olive oil in your pressure cooker, with the top off on medium heat, and begin to soften the onion with a little salt and pepper.
- Then, add the chicken livers and bay leaf and swish everything around for about 2 minutes until the outside of the livers are seared.
- Add the red wine and, with a wooden spoon, quickly rub any brown bits stuck to the bottom or sides of the pan and incorporate them into the wine.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
Stovetop pressure cookers: Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower to the heat to maintain it and begin counting 5 minutes pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Normal release - release pressure through the valve.
- Remove and discard the Bay Leaf and add the Anchovies and Capers.
- Puree' the contents of the cooker with a stick blender.
- Taste to check if the seasoning is correct and fold in the butter, which will melt with the residual heat, and mix well.
- Transfer to serving container and sprinkle with fresh herbs to garnish.
- Chill for before serving with crostini or lightly toasted french bread slices.