- Quick Italian Pate’ Spread – Serve at room temperature with crostini, can be made several days in advance.
- French “baked” eggs – Ramekins can be prepared ahead of time, eggs must be cooked right before serving.
- Smoky Eggplant Caviar – Serve room temperature with oven-baked pita chips, can be made several days in advance (V)
- Roasted Garlic Roses – Serve with butter knife for spreading on crackers, can be steamed several days ahead, but broil just before serving warm. (V)
SOUPS AND SALADS
- French Onion Soup – Serve in a single soup terrine (Julia style) or in individual ramekins. Make the soup several days ahead but re-heat and broiled with bread and cheese before serving. (V)
- Cream of Chestnut Soup – Serve very small portions of this rich soup, make several days ahead and re-heated (stirring constantly) before serving.
- Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup – Make several days ahead and re-heat before serving. (V)
- Spicy Cauliflower & Citrus Salad – Steam the veggies a day ahead but slice the oranges several hours before serving and pour on the dressing just before serving. (V)
- Brussels Sprouts with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts – Brussels sprouts can be made ahead of time, dress and mix before serving. (V)
- Milk-poached Fennel Slices -Serve in flat casserole dish, make several days a head and re-heated in the oven before serving.
- Green Beans with Tomatoes – Make up to a day ahead of time. (V)
- Golden Quinoa – Make several hours before serving, keep covered, and serve at room temperature. (V)
- Pressure Cooker Roasted Baby Potatoes – Make several hours ahead and keep warm. (V)
- Lemon and Pepper Risotto – Make right before serving. (V)
- Fluffy Mashed Potatoes – Make a day ahead, and re-heat in the oven before serving. (V)
THE MAIN EVENT
- Cranberry Braised Turkey Wings – Make up to a day ahead and re-heat in the oven before serving.
- Polenta and Wild Mushroom Lasagna – Make the polenta and construct the lasagna a day ahead, then bake in the oven to re-heat before serving. (V)
- Lemon and Olive Braised Chicken – Make a day ahead, and re-heat. Add the fresh lemon and olive garnishes before serving.
- Tomato and Olive Steamed Fish Filets – Make right before serving.
- Italian Boiled Beef – Make and slice a day ahead, then re-heat slices wet in broth in the oven before serving.
- Moroccan Lamb Tajine – Make a day e ahead of time and re-heat, sprinkle sesame seeds and almonds before serving.
- Red Wine Poached Pears – can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated in their poaching liquid (the color will intensify). (V)
- Classic Creme Caramel – can be made several days ahead and un-moulded right before serving.
- Limoncello and Ricotta Cheese Cake – can be made several days ahead in ramekins or as one cake.
- Sweet Indian Puffed Ricotta Balls – serve in small shot glasses, can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated in their cooking liquid.
(V)- Vegan or easily veganized by leaving out one ingredient or substituting the vegan equivalent.
What is your favorite pressure cooked dish to serve during the holidays? Leave a message, below!