Cream of Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup – pressure cooker recipe
Our last soup for Soup Month is another easy recipe. Just peel, brown, boil and puree’ for instant, creamy sophistication!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|6 L or larger||none||10-15 min.||High(2)||Normal|
Pressure Cooker Recipe: Cream of Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: pressure cooker
- 4 lb (about 2k) butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 sprig of Sage
- 1 large Onion, roughly chopped
- ½" (2 cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon, nutmeg
- 4 cups (1 lt) vegetable stock
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, for garnish
- In the pressure cooker, with the top off, over medium heat soften onions with the sage, salt and pepper.
- When the onions are soft, scoot onions aside and tumble in enough squash cubes to cover the base of the pressure cooker, let brown for for about 10 minutes stirring infrequently.
- Add the rest of the squash along with the ginger, nutmeg, and stock.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
Stovetop pressure cookers: Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower to the heat to maintain it and begin counting 10 minutes pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Fish out the woody sage stem and discard.
- With a stick immersion blender puree' the contents of the pressure cooker and serve!
- Garnish with salty, toasted pumpkin seeds.