home Forums Recipe Swap Baking Cake and Making Yogurt in an Electric PC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I bought a PC from a shopping channel. The pot is ceramic lined and it can be used to make yogurt and cake or bread baking right in that pot. However the instruction booklet does not give directions for this and the on-air demo showed the finished product, but not how it is done…with pressure lid using floating valve; pressure lid not using floating valve; or, optional tempered glass lid.

Can anyone shed any light on how to bake in the pot and/or make yogurt the correct way? There are digital settings for these functions but no information about which lid to use or pressure/steam options.

I’m new to this forum and would appreciate any feedback on this.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Electric pressure cookers can differ from each other quite a bit based on their abilities, pre-set programs and temperature ranges. What is the brand name and model number of your pressure cooker?

In terms of baking a cake, if your pressure cooker has a “bake” function (which would be programmed to maintain a particular temperature without reaching pressure) you would butter or oil the insert like any baking pan and then put the batter directly there. It doesn’t sound like a good idea to me, though, because how would you pull out the cake without ruining it?

A better way to “bake” in any pressure cooker is simply to steam the batter in a separate – removable- container. You can find all the details about how to do that here:

Amazing Caramelized Apple Crumb Cake – Lesson 8 – Bain Marie or Water Bath

For making yogurt, you can follow the directions in my Instant Pot video, but using the yogurt function on your yogurt-capable pressure cooker:

Instructions & VIDEO: How to make Yogurt with Instant Pot DUO, SMART & ULTRA

I’m happy to clear-up anything that might sound confusing in those two articles.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.