home Forums Pressure Cookers BESTEK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeniffer007
    Participant

Instant pot is too expensive for me.Can I pick one cheaper pressure cookernull?
    What is the difference between these pressure cooker?

Greg
    Participant

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Except to knock it into the canal.

I have no personal experience with the machine but I had a look at the manual and “quick guide” both available on Amazon for download.

From the quick guide (which is actually a recipe book):
    P34 Carnitas
    “4. Cook under medium steady pressure for 1 hour, remove the cooker from the heat, place in the sink, and run cold water over the lid of the cooker until pressure has been released”

This is an ELECTRIC pressure cooker for God’s sake. You will at the very least destroy the PC, and quite possibly kill yourself if you follow these directions.

Clearly they have quite thoughtlessly just copied the recipes from an old stovetop PC verbatim. With no consideration to what they are actually selling. It was probably an old jiggler type as another recipe mentioned putting “the weight on the pipe”

As for the manual, I had a quick look. It is very nearly unintelligible.

If the same care and thought went into making the machine itself, then I am afraid it is very much a case of BUYER BEWARE!

Face it. With pressure cookers, as with most other things, you get what you pay for. Save your pennies until you can afford a proper one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.