Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cook4me
    Participant

I recently purchased your Cookbook. It’s helpful. I notice what you suggest for rice that is not listed to just halve the cooking time on the label. This worked out to be perfect advice. Many thanks. Here in Canada and the U.S. we can purchase brown basmati. We like it very much. Tefal’s Cook4Me had it in the Canadian menu of ingredients. They cooked it for 14 minutes. However, they did the rice by weight and the water by liquid measure. I no longer have that information since I ditched the Cook4Me (that’s another story) and now have an Instant Pot. We love it and it’s versatility.
    But it’s been difficult trying to determine measurements and times for the brown basmati rice.
    After getting to that part of the book that talked about unknown rices, I followed the counsel. It worked great, 1 cup brown basmati to 1.5 cups water for 15 minutes – perfect.
    Just one question. I want to make the African Yellow Rice in the book, bain marie style, but can’t get the liquid or time right for brown basmati.(Have tried) Can you help using my information. I sure would appreciate it.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

cook4me – I’m sorry to hear your first pressure cooker didn’t work out but so glad that you didn’t give up.

I pressure cook Brown Basmati all the time and I just follow the brown rice ratios and times. I used brown basmati as an example in the rice pressure cooking lesson (and the same rules and ratios work with bain marie; )

Rice Basics – Pressure Cooking School

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.