home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat Can aluminum migrate from "sandwich" base into food?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

I have been contacted by two readers to discuss whether aluminum from a disk in a stainless steel sandwich attached to the base of an electric pressure cooker insert can migrate into food during pressure cooking. This is a phenomenon I had not heard about before and I’m interested in learning more about this.

I have opened this forum topic for any readers who are interested in sharing their knowledge on the subject or would just like to learn more about it like me.

HelenAdams
    Participant

I think it highly unlikely myself>
    Those sandwich thingies are supposedly safe and aluminum cookware is generaly safe unless a scratched surface comes in contact with the food.

Here is a good (short) general perspective about foil mainly but does have a paragraph or two on cookware.
    https://food.ndtv.com/health/why-cooking-food-in-aluminium-foil-could-be-toxic-for-your-health-1661849
    I think there is more danger of dangerous metal getting absorbed from jingling nickels in your pocket myself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.