home Forums Recipe Conversions Can you help me convert this stuffed pork chop recipe please?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Pazzaglia 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

moggy
    Participant

I’m so happy to find this forum! How did I not notice it earlier? Anyway, here is a recipe that I’ve been making for years that originally came from the Joy of Cooking. I saw the milk braised pork loin recipe on this website and realized that my recipe can probably be converted as well, that way I can cook it in the pressure cooker instead of heating up the house in the summer. I appreciate any help you can give me.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977595281

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Moggy, we added the forums a few months ago as part of the site re-design. It’s not been easy to get the word out but we’re starting to see a bit more traffic.

That’s a great recipe – mods and all. It was fun to convert.

Actually, since I see the result of the sauce is creamy gravy and this recipe would be a better base for adapting yours: https://www.hippressurecooking.com/20-minute-pressure-cooker-pork-chops-and-cabbage/

I re-wrote the whole recipe in my “style” for example instead of 1/2 cup of a vegetable I write the whole vegetable. Also, there are very precise liquid to flour ratios to make gravies of different thicknesses – so I just addedthe measurements. Although the technique is very different, I stayed true to your recipe so the results should be very similar.

You’ll find that in addition to not turning on your oven, you can do everything in just one pan, too!

If you like, substitute the steamer basket with a big heap of cabbage or other greens, as in my chop recipe linked above. They will hold up the chops for steaming and give you a side dish at the same time.

Enjoy!

Moggy’s Favorite Stuffed Loin Chops with Pan Gravy – pressure cookrized!
    Recipe Type: pressure cooker
    Author: hip pressure cooking conversion
    Prep time:
    Cook time:
    Total time:
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients
    • For Stuffing:
    • 2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
    • 1 medium onion, diced
    • 1 celery stalk, diced
    • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    • 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    • For chops:
    • 3-4 thick cut loin chops. (1 1/2 – 2 inches thick)
    • Toothpicks or skewers
    • Salt and Pepper
    • 1 Tablespoon Butter
    • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    • 1 cup Stock (any kind) – add one teaspoon salt if salt-free
    • For Gravy:
    • about 1/2 cup milk
    • 2 tablespoons flour
    Instructions
    To make stuffing:
    1. In a medium bowl combine the bread crumbs, parsley, onion, celery, seasonings and milk. Stir until combined.
    To make chops:
    1. Make a pocket by slicing the chops carefully on one side, take care not to cut all the way through the meat. Leave the sides connected. You want just one open edge for your pocket.
    2. Stuff the chops and stretch the meat over the opening and secure with toothpicks or small skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
    3. In the pre-heated pressure cooker on high heat, melt the butter and oil and brown the chops on all sides.
    4. Remove the chops from the pressure cooker and arrange in the steamer basket.
    5. Pour into the pressure cooker one cup of stock and lower the steamer basket into the cooker.
    6. Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 8-10 minutes at high pressure.
    7. When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
    8. Move the chops to a serving platter and cover tightly.
    To make gravy:
    1. Pour the remaining cooking liquid into a heat-proof 2-cup measuring cup add enough milk to equal 1 1/2 cups. Pour the liquids back in the pressure cooker and bring them to a boil on medium heat. Sprinkle in and whisk the flour. Simmer, constantly whisking, until thickened to taste.
    2. Pour onto the chops and serve.
    3. Serves 3-4

moggy
    Participant

Thanks so much, sounds perfect! I can’t wait to try it. ETA ~ is there a way I can print this?

Sorry to keep editing, I think that 1 cup of milk for the stuffing is going to be WAY too much, it will probably turn into soup. I’m thinking maybe more like 1/4-1/2 cup at the most. You just want it a little bit moistened and the pressure cooker is probably going to make it even wetter than cooking in the oven I would think.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

I originally had 1/2 a cup but then I thought about how much milk I add to my meatball recipe and thought it might work. Will edit the original recipe so that anyone who wants to try it will get the right consistency.

Hmm… no print button at the bottom of the forums. Let me work on that. But that will only get you the whole page and conversation.

To print only the recipe, open http://www.printfriendly.com/ in another tab and then paste the URL of this conversation there. Click “print preview” and you can tailor that page – clicking on any part you want to go away. Then you can click the “print” button or the PDF button near the top of the page.

I used that service on the old website, can’t quite figure out how to get it going on here – yet.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.