home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Cook rolled oats using pot in pot method

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I put a one cup of water in the ip steel insert pan. In a ceramic bowl, I put 2 cups rolled oats and 1 cup water. Using the program “Porridge”on my Ultra ip, I cooked the oatmeal for 17minutes. Oatmeal was good. However, some of the oatmeal was in the steel ip pan. So I had 2 things to clean: ceramic bowl and steel ip insert. Not happy. How can I make sure there’s no spillage?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Welcome viv2b,

I’m sorry to hear about your negative experience with the method.

However, my method calls for putting two cups of water in the base, not one. Your cooker struggled to reach pressure (the minimum liquid requirement for Instant Pot is 1 1/2 cups) and because of that the contents of the bowl began to boil before there was enough steam inside to hold it down.

Please also note ratios given in the recipe for rolled oats and water – what you wrote above is not what I recommend with my method.

Don’t be discouraged to try again, many people have had success with this, and you will too if you put the proper amount of liquid in the base, and the proper amount of water and oats in the bowl.

Ciao,

L

Pressure Cook the PERFECT bowl of oatmeal

insight
    Participant

I will have to try this one sometime for breakfast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.