home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Cooking beef in Instant Pot – how much time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    goodjohnny
    Participant

Hello,

I have modified my RV recently so that I can use my instant pot mini in it. I’m using it to cook beef (12 oz) for my dinners while traveling.

My question is: how long should I leave the cooker on to fully cook the beef to a safe level?

I actually like beef rare, but want to be safe.

Electricity is a commodity, so I’d like to have the cooker on as little as possible.

I’ve been keeping it on 15 minutes, and that’s been fine, and part of me wonders if I can simply bring it up to high pressure, unplug, and it will cook itself as it de-pressurizes, perhaps enough?

Any tips etc. welcome! Also, if this should be in a different forum, please let me know.

Yours,

GJ

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

GoodJohnny, the only way to make sure meat is at a “safe” temperature is to measure it with a meat thermometer. Your plan of bringing the meat up to pressure and letting it continue to cook during the natural release is a good one!

If you haven’t already, take a look at the “Meat” episode of the Pressure Cooking School – then watch the rest as time allows. ; )

Ciao,

L

Marvelous Meats – Pressure Cooking School

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.