home Forums Cookbook questions, comments and photos Cooking Garlic – Non PC!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dormouse
    Participant

If I get rid of the microwave to replace it with an IP I am left with one dilemma! My partner eats 6 cloves of garlic a day, cooked for one min in the microve and added to every cooked dish once a day. I don’t think the PC will replace it so does anyone have any experience of grilling or frying or something easy as an alternative? I have a Turkish coffee pot to reheat drinks, maybe that would work with some coconut oil? I’d be delighted to hear other peoples experiences with such things!

Many thanks

DM

Greg
    Participant

Modernist Cuisine @ Home has a confit of garlic recipe that is pressure cooked. There have been health concerns raised about it, but for immediate consumption, I don’t think it would be an issue. I have used it with no ill effects.

Garlic is traditionally slow cooked in oil in an oven. It can also be done on a stovetop, but getting the temperature right can be a pain.

You can also sous vide garlic. But that is yet another gadget to take up space.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Dormouse… you can steam the garlic in the pressure cooker! Here’s how:

The Stinking Rose – perfectly roasted garlic in 20 minutes!

Ciao,

L

Dormouse
    Participant

Laura, you paint a beautiful picture but way too long and overcooked to compare (right or wrong!) Learning from a YT vid I was watching last night … I think I peel as normal and wrap in foil and put in heated oven (IP would be interesting above other food …) for five mins?! Gosh, sorry, I should ‘google’ before posting but I guess no one eats garlic that ermm ?raw!

Many, many thanks to you both for responding; I have some altnatives to think about.

DM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.