home Forums Welcome to Pressure Cooking School! Correct PSI in Stove Top?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    samanmoran
    Participant

Hi Group,
    I have a basic Fagor stove top cooker that doesn’t have any settings other than locked, unlocked, and steam release.
    I notice many recipes call for a specific pressure setting. How can I get that proper setting in my rudimentary cooker?
    And apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere. I couldn’t find it.

Thanks!

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

samanmoran, what model is it? Usually, if a Fagor does not have any pressure settings, it only cooks at “high” pressure. However, if you tell me the model, or post a picture of the top of the lid. I’ll be able to tell you more.

Ciao,

L

samanmoran
    Participant

HI Laura,
    Thanks, don’t know the model. But it doesn’t have any settings, so I’m guessing it’s one of the only High ones.
    Funny, but my lid photo didn’t come through the first time, but I’m trying again. Hopefully it shows up!!

Thanks again,
    Samantha

Dave
    Participant

I believe all Fagor stovetops are 15 psi at “High” pressure and it appears yours offers the “High” pressure. It will cook at around 15 psi or 120C.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Samanmoran- you have either an Elite or Splendid you can download a copy of their manual here.

https://www.hippressurecooking.com/category/fagor/

Meanwhile, here’s a little excerpt that shows you the settings for your pressure cooker. Dave has one (or two) Fagors so he can’t steer you wrong. ; )

Ciao,

L

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.