Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia

I am wondering what type of glass dishes to use to make creme brûlée in the instant pot pressure cooker? I don’t want to put the wrong glass in there and have them blow up!

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
    Participant

Any heat resistant glass should work. So glasses designed to hold espresso should work. Duralex have been making suitably tough glassware since before the Second World War. Bormioli also make some but they also make more delicate glassware too so you will need to be careful there. Pyrex will also work. Avoid the double walled glassware though. I am not sure what would happen to the air between the walls.

I have also had success -though not with creme brûlée. I sous vide that – with Balls preserving jars. The ones that are a constant width (jelly jars?) would be best.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Thanks Greg! Also in American cookware stores they also sell special heat-resistant glass custard cups (with ruffled edges) – there is no brand name they just have “Mexico” stamped on the bottom.

I can’t believe it. I just found the exact ones I have on amazon! http://amzn.to/1PjUhiH

You can see them pictured in this recipe (also resistant to hot scalding caramelized sugar):

Easy and Chic: Pressure Cooker Creme Caramel!

These are pretty resistant (and old) they were passed down from my mother.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.