home Forums Recipe Conversions Crock Pot beef & hash brown

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Pazzaglia 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KattB
    Participant

I would like to convert this recipe to instant pot. I will cut it in half for mini instant pot and no cream corn. 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, such as chuck or round (85% to 90%)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 envelope (.87 ounce) brown gravy
    1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    1 package (16 to 20 oz) frozen hash browns, slightly thawed, or refrigerated hash browns
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery, mushroom, or chicken soup
    1/2 cup evaporated milk
    Spoon the browned ground beef and onions into the bottom of a slow cooker (at least 4-quart size). Add the gravy mix and toss.
    Pour cream-style corn over the ground beef mixture and top with half of the shredded cheese.
    Top with hash browns; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.

In a bowl mix the soup with evaporated milk; taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the soup mixture evenly over the hash browns and cheese. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

KattB, I’m sorry this will not work with the pressure program because of the other condensed soups – the cooker just won’t be able to reach pressure. You might want to try it using the “slow cook” program.

Go through this quiz, answering questions about this, or any other recipe, for more details:

The Pressure Cooker Recipe Converter!

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.