home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat Do you love WOW like I do? Best flavor focus whole chicken or parts recipes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Howard Rood
    Participant

Please help with your expertise answering the 2 questions below and help friends in need with some flavor adventures.

I have two electric pressure cookers, Breville and All-Clad ~6-8 Qt and have been focusing on increasing my skills over the past few months. I cook every week for friends and several seniors that are friends of mine on fixed incomes and I combine my interest in learning more with my interest in helping others that are not as fortunate and have to supplement their meals with whatever is available at the local food pantry or charities. Often the food they get is not the healthiest or flavorful.

I enjoy roast chicken and have tried numerous whole chicken recipes but I really appreciate good layered and deep but subtle flavors. My friends also appreciate taking flavor adventures with me as it truly takes their minds off of some of their personal and financial struggles and makes them feel good having some fun with food.

I would really appreciate input on the following questions:

1. What are the best techniques to use with chicken that result in the best infused or layered flavors and ideally not high salt.?

2. What are your top 1 or 2 whole chicken or part recipes that truly sing with flavor and amaze your guests? I have done the lemon/rosemary/thyme focused recipes but while nice, they just don’t sing to me, so to speak, and I am looking for more options. Speed and ease is not essential. I will always prefer whatever generates the best result and Wow! factor.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Howard, I’m looking forward to hearing responses from others on this topic. For me, the best way to get flavor on whole chicken is to use a pungent spice rub *and* not only apply it to the skin, but tuck it underneath as well.

You’ll find two whole chicken pressure cooker recipes on this website that I hope you will enjoy. But in my opinion, the adventure starts in the spice isle, where you can switch out rubs with a jerked chicken, curry, or other mixes.

Ciao,

L

PawPaw
    Participant

I have started using Better Than Bouillon
    Dissolve 1 teaspoon (equal to 1 bouillon cube) Roasted Chicken Base in 8 oz. boiling water. For each quart of stock needed, use 1-1/2 tablespoons Roasted Chicken Base.

Use basic stock for soups, sauces, and gravies, or to cook vegetables, rice, or pasta with more flavor.
    They have several products, of which 5 are in use by me. They have different sizes as well. Most grocery stores carries these products.

I like to use the Chicken and Beef combination when steaming asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and etc. In other words whenever the recipe calls for water, I look at the ingredients and then decide on whether to use Better Than Bouillon & which ones.

Here is their web site: https://www.betterthanbouillon.com/products/
    Hopes this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.