home Forums Cookbook questions, comments and photos Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbooks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    milford
    Participant

Is the HIP Cookbook for stovetop and Electric PC’s? Are there any cookbooks exclusively for electric pressure cookers? Since the cooking pressures are different between stovetop and electric, how much time would have to be added to an electric PC using a stovetop recipe?

Anonymous
    Participant

Laura’s book caters for both electric and stovetop pressure cookers. As far as I am aware it is the only one that does. The only cookbooks I know of that are electric only are the ones that are shipped with a pressure cooker. Check Laura’s manual page as she has a few cookbooks there.

Every thing you need to know to convert a stovetop PC recipe to electric is in one or both of these two pages:

The difference between stove top and electric pressure cookers

Pressure Cooker PSI FAQ: the stuff you didn’t think to ask about pressure

HelenAdams
    Participant

The Hip Pressure cooking Cookbook works very well with my Instant Pot electric.
    I do not change the times (I am at low altitude).
    Most pressure cooker cookbooks will work with both.
    All electric pressure cookers are not the same. There may be adjustments that have to be made depending on which one you have, your altitude above sea level and thickness of meat, vegetables etc. Just like on the stove a large potato uncut takes longer than 1 inch chunks.

Pressure cooking usually takes less time than stovetop but each recipe can be different. AFAIK there is no set amount of overall time to add or subtract.

When I am making something that I would normally cook on the stove I will look for similar recipes here or with Google using pressure cooking in front.

Hope I haven’t confused you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.