home Forums Pressure Cookers Fagor Fagor Splendid replacement pressure valve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MsB
    Participant

Anyone have any info on getting a replacement pressure valve for Fagor Splendid? Purchased a 5 piece set about 10 months ago and the pressure valve has broken. Fagor USA is out of stock and advised me to continue checking back, Amazon is out of stock and so are other online sources. Fagor customer service was very prompt and courteous and the pressure set otherwise seems good quality, but am concerned about the valve breaking in the first place and then it being out of stock.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

MsB it is very rare, though not impossible, for a valve to break so quickly. Can you tell me a little bit about why you think it’s broken? Did the lid fall on the ground or is it just a matter of the cooker not maintaining pressure? Have you done a water test with it?

Ciao,

L

P.S. I used my Fagor stovetop cookers for YEARS daily without needing to replace anything.

Jonny
    Participant

My Fagor Duo PC valve is also broken.

I had checked a couple months ago, and it was out of stock. Then, about 3 weeks ago, I phoned Fagor USA to inquire, and they told me the same as MsB, it’s out of stock but check back in a couple weeks.

As to why mine broke? When I was either cleaning the lid or getting the cleaned, dry lid out of the dish rack, I’d had the valve resting in its place but in the “remove” position (from when I cleaned it), and the valve fell out of the lid and onto my hard tile kitchen floor. This happened about 3 or 4 times – enough that it cracked a few little pieces off from the inside that holds in the spring. So now the spring doesn’t hold in place, and the whole PC is useless!

I can’t believe that Fagor would make such a crucial part of the pressure cooker – responsible for it’s safety AND it’s ability to function – entirely out of a plastic material that can break so easily!

If anyone has any leads on where to buy the replacement part, please do let us know!

Here’s the part in question, from the Fagor USA website: http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/Fagor-8-Qt-Duo-Parts.htm the part is the last item on the page, # FG-998060048 Pressure Vent

Extremely frustrating!

Jonny
    Participant

My Fagor Duo PC valve is also broken.

I had checked a couple months ago, and it was out of stock. Then, about 3 weeks ago, I phoned Fagor USA to inquire, and they told me the same as MsB, it’s out of stock but check back in a couple weeks.

As to why mine broke? When I was either cleaning the lid or getting the cleaned, dry lid out of the dish rack, I’d had the valve resting in its place but in the “remove” position (from when I cleaned it), and the valve fell out of the lid and onto my hard tile kitchen floor. This happened about 3 or 4 times – enough that it cracked a few little pieces off from the inside that holds in the spring. So now the spring doesn’t hold in place, and the whole PC is useless!

I can’t believe that Fagor would make such a crucial part of the pressure cooker – responsible for it’s safety AND it’s ability to function – entirely out of a plastic material that can break so easily!

If anyone has any leads on where to buy the replacement part, please do let us know!

Here’s the part in question, from the Fagor USA website:
    http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/Fagor-8-Qt-Duo-Parts.htm
    the part is the last item on the page, # FG-998060048 Pressure Vent

Extremely frustrating!

Greg
    Participant

You could try contacting the parent company:
    http://www.fagorcnagroup.com/en/

It is possible they keep minimal stock so just place an order on backorder and wait for it to come in. If they don’t have online ordering, email might be a better option for this as phone messages get lost.

rupachup
    Participant

Yes, I bought a Splendid 5 piece set only 3 months ago & the plastic part of the pressure valve has broken. I assume it dropped on my tile floor after I had washed it, but I don’t actually remember that happening. Later when I was trying to put it back in I realised that the plastic was cracked all the way through. I hope the part is back in stock somewhere soon…

Jonny
    Participant

Finally they have the part in stock at https://www.fagoramerica.com

pkl33
    Participant

Hi,
    My valve (Fagor Duo) also cracked and broke after only a few months, and maybe a half-dozen uses. On my most recent use, I noticed steam coming out through the valve. When I went to remove it, it broke into several pieces, and I noticed the plastic seemed to be very brittle.

I ordered a new one from Amazon, but it’s worrisome to see multiple reports of this part failing. (see here for another recent report: https://www.reddit.com/r/PressureCooking/comments/760xah/issue_with_fagor_duo_pressure_valve/)

Dresden
    Participant

I also had a BAD valve in my fairly new Fagor pressure cooker. It disintegrated into 5 parts with very little use. They finally sent me a new one after about 6 weeks, but I have little hope that it won’t follow suit. I wouldn’t want to spend this time dealing with defect EVERY YEAR!!!!
    PLUS as they are shutting down, what good will my expensive pressure cooker be.?
    I have a wonderful 40-yr-old Mirro pressure cooker with a rocker release that still works great. Problem is that it’s aluminum. They should make us a new a METAL piece to replace. …not built to last.

I see the trouble as MANY have the same issue.

Issue with Fagor DUO pressure valve from PressureCooking

Suzanne
    Participant

Hey Dresden, check out Laura’s article on the new Zavor brand cookers that use Fagor’s designs for pressure cookers.

PREVIEW: Zavor’s LUX Multicooker – look familiar?

On another page where she announced Fagor was going out of business earlier this year, near the bottom of the comments she states that Zavor replacement parts will fit some Fagor cookers. So maybe you can replace your broken valve through Zavor.

However, you sound fed-up with the brand. I’ve been very happy with my Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker. See Laura’s review on this cooker, if you like. There aren’t many parts that can go bad, as Laura says. You spend more on the initial purchase, but you get a very reliable, high performance pot not prone to breakage, backed by an old and stable company. It’s my kitchen workhorse. If I could rationalize getting a second cooker — have used a 6-quart for over 5 years — I’d get another Kuhn Rikon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.