home Forums Pressure Cookers Fast Slow Pro – less than 5 mins?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nzmum
    Participant

Hi all,

What would be the best way to get my Fast Slow Pro to pressure cook for less than 5 minutes (which seems to be the minimum setting)?

If I stand and wait and then manually cancel the cook after the number of minutes I want, will it then naturally release the pressure? What if I want to do a 3 min cook but use a quick or pulsed release?

Apologies if the answer is in the manual – I’m a bit sleep deprived (young baby) and can’t seem to work it out!

Today I made a “rare roast beef” that called for 3 mins at high pressure then keep warm for one hour so I (wrongly) decided to just do the 5 minute minimum cook but at a lower pressure. Complete waste of a lovely sirloin roast, which turned out well done (ugh! ;-) )

Thanks for any help!

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, the Aussie models (and maybe UK ones) do not go down to 1 minute. What you did, lower the pressure, is what I would have recommended.

Were you following a trusted recipe? I mean, the “keep warm” in just about any electric pressure cooker model simmers so it doesn’t make any sense to me to keep something you want rare to simmer for an hour.

Ciao,

L

4Eyes
    Participant

Here is a trick I learned from the Breville FSP Facebook group.

It’s not particularly useful, as you need to wait and keep an eye on the PC, which is a pain, but might be useful sometimes.

Set the time for 5mins, and then wait till pressure is reached and the countdown starts – it will then let you adjust the time downwards.

Personally, I use the reduce pressure option most of the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.