home Forums Recipe Conversions Favourite beef stew recipe

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Pazzaglia 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WRanger
    Participant

This is my favourite beef stew recipe of all time – specifically for the fond and ingredients/spices. I figured out after much trial and error how to get that sticky fond flavour on the stove top but the 1.5 hour + 45 minutes cook time are brutal when you have a hungry toddler who has no patience to sit and wait while something delicious smelling is cooking. Even cutting just one of those cook times down would help but I can’t seem to figure out how much liquid I should reduce by or how much time.

This is the recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-a-very-good-beef-stew-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-184050

The only changes we’ve made is to add a rutabaga and skip the green peas. Occasionally we add fresh green beans but they’re only in season late summer here so that’s a non-issue now.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

WRanger,

The Kitchn’s recipe is actually very similar to mine – just make the few tweaks and follow thes instructions here (watch the video recipe to learn a few extra tips – when you have time watch the whole pressure cooking school ; )

Tender Pressure Cooked Spiced Beef Stew & Meat Tips

The only Difference is that The Kitchn’s stew looks soupier than mine. I used the cooker’s minimum liquid requirement for mine but if you want it watery like theirs, I would add an additional cup of stock – don’t worry if it looks like too little intially the rest of the liquid will come from the ingredients.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.