home Forums Cookbook questions, comments and photos First 2 recipes, super success and seconds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ConnieOR
    Participant

Just have to tell you. I got the “Hip Pressure Cooking” cookbook along with an Instant Pot for Christmas.
    The very first 2 recipes we made, the family raved and 2 picky 8-year-old boys asked for seconds. This is unheard of!
    This was “Sloppy Lasagna” and “Mexican Pulled Chicken.”
    I followed the recipes exactly as written so I could get a baseline.
    Flavor profiles were spot on, not too dull and not too foodie.
    My son-in-law is super intrigued (must be the gadget aspects of the Instant Pot) and wants to learn all about this kind of cooking too.

I must admit, I’m a grandma and was a little bit annoyed and cranky about buckling down and learning the gadget, 30 years after retiring my old huff-n-puff pressure cooker.
    but this is a blast and I can tell Laura loves the food and the technique and it shows all over the cookbook.

Anonymous
    Participant

Congratulations. And welcome to the club. You’ll find the new electrics a breeze after that old huff ‘n puff. ( great name!) you can do a lot worse than following all of Laura’s recipes to the letter. She clearly loves her food but also has two small (not so small now) children to feed. She finds a great balance.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Connie, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice post. It’s really nice to hear that things went well and passed the picky eaters test!

And “yaaay!” for pulling your son-in-law into the mix! If you’ve been pressure cooking for 30 years… the stories your pressure cooker could tell. We’d love to hear them. ; )

Ciao,

L

P.S. If you haven’t already, please leave a review of the book on amazon, it helps to have reviews from people who have actually have cooked from the book to contrast the 1 & 2-stars for the color of the typeface or from those who have never even tried or read the recipes.

ConnieOR
    Participant

lol I can imagine on those Amazon reviews. Will do.

thanks Glen and Laura! Tonight I plan a meat loaf ring.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Thank you! ; )

Ciao,

L

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.