home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat Hip Pressure Cooking Cited in Scientific Lit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Well, this was a nice surprise. I was reading a new scientific article that mentioned the use of the pressure cooker and right in the middle of the text I saw my last name. What? I went to the reference section and saw that the PSI FAQ article I wrote has been cited as a source!

I’m so honored personally and professionally. I might not be the most eloquent writer out there, but I do put out fact-based, researched information and I’m so glad to see this website getting recognition for it!

Here is the scientific article….
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652616316079

I’m attaching the important bits since it requires a subscription to read.

Ciao,

L

P.S. Here is the article it references:

Pressure Cooker PSI FAQ: the stuff you didn’t think to ask about pressure

Anonymous
    Participant

Well done. I trust it was a positive reference.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Absolutely! For some reason, the images are not showing up (more forum gremlins) here are the outtakes…

Capture1

Capture2

Capture3

Anonymous
    Participant

Well done Laura! :)

Suzanne
    Participant

Hip hip hurrah! Laura, you are awesome!

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Just glad to see the content being produced here is getting recognized for the quality of the information it provides.

I’ve seen self-aggrandizing answers on other social media platforms, blogs, and even magazines from people who don’t fully understand the mechanics of what they’re talking about. In that sense, I try not to present myself a know-it-all but as someone who is genuinely interested in the question (perhaps I asked myself that same question) and defer to the experts, when possible for the answer. When no research, formula or answer exists experience is a big help to fill-in the gaps with “probable” answer.

I love writing about pressure cooking as much as pressure cooking itself, so this little mention is a big motivator for me to continue to share not just recipes and techniques but detailed information, too!

You, of course, are what makes this possible. Without getting your questions, reading about your challenges or experiences I would never scratched my chin and wondered why or how it happened. I really enjoy the back-and-forth that is possible on the web, and the unprecedented civility and politeness of the hip readers in the forums and comments.

THANK YOU!

Ciao,

L

HelenAdams
    Participant

Well deserved. You have been my favorite PC resource since before I got my firs pressure cooker. And by favorite I mean most reliable and most informative. May not always agree but almost always and I have cited the PSI faq many times. They should print it and enclose it with every PC sold and give you royalties :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.