home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Instant pot Smart Pot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    momowack
    Participant

Hi Laura, Just wanted you to know that I made my own script for a soup I was making and had an issue. (Instant Pot told me to contact you with my issues…) The script was “Heat to pressure High” “Heat for a period of 5 minutes” “Hold the temperature at 165 for 30 minutes.” Both the status monitor on my phone as well as the display on the front of the pot were at low pressure instead of high as they were intended to be. (two bars on pot and status monitor said low..)
    My pot was nearing the full limit mark and don’t know if that would have something to do with it not being able to come to high pressure. I’m sure the soup will still be great- Making it with the bone broth using your script that turned out awesome.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Momowack, is the temperature you wrote in Celsius or Fahrenheit? Also what a bout the temperatures in the app?

Thanks,

L

P.S. Yes, I asked Instant Pot to send me all recipe questions : ) – if this is truly a bug I will let them know so they can note it.

momowack
    Participant

Laura, that would be Fahrenheit. I have run the Smart Pot through the same script that I designed again this morning, and the status monitor on my phone reported 250 F when the pot beeped that pressure had been achieved, and the temperature was 226 F when it beeped at the end of the “Heat for a period of 5 minutes”. Once again the pot display window indicated two bars, and the status monitor in the app indicated low pressure,.. when the script instructions were to bring to high pressure for 5 minutes.

Incidentally the chicken soup made with the bone broth was probably the best soup I have ever made in spite of the pot not coming to high pressure. I used chicken thighs and brought to pressure for 5 minutes, then let the soup finish cooking by it’s own residual heat for about 20 minutes. It fell off the bone…

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Well, 250F is high pressure. Frankly, I’m not really sure what “heat for a period” does but there is no temperature or pressure selection for that step. It would make sense that the cooker would be loosing pressure during those 5 minutes – and why it would show two bars after that time. But I’m not really clear on when you saw two bars on the display.

You should use the “hold the pressure” step, instead, where you can set the pressure to “high” and cooking time to “5 minutes” if the goal is to cook at high pressure during that time.

BTW, Instant Pot is writing a guide for the app – I got a preview of it for feedback – so hopefully it will make everything a bit easier.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.