home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Instant Pot Ultra. Trouble making Rice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cyber Chulo
    Participant

I just got the instant pot ultra. Just trying to make Jasmine rice. When I looked at the recipe book, it says to use the + and – symbols to set it to 4 minutes. I don’t see those buttons anywhere! When I used the Rice preset, it turned the rice into sticky rice! I’ve tried playing around with the Rice settings but it’s just either low or high pressure. I can’t turn it off. When I tried using the rice setting with the vent button depresses, loud hisses and steam appear when it has reached it’s optimum heat.

With my old regular rice cooker, I just set it to white rice and it’s done in about 20 minutes. What’s the best way to cook rice in this?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t know if Instant Pot changed the recipe I gave for their book, but Jasmine rice should only pressure cook for 1 minute.

The cooker’s pre-sets are made for certain kinds of rice, so the 4 minutes would work for Basmati or other medium-grain rice. Jasmine rice is much smaller and thusly requires less time to pressure cook.

Use your pressure cooker’s “pressure cook” setting, and once you click in there, twist down to the time, click on it (with the knob) and then twist the knob to raise and lower the minutes.

Use the recommended proportions and times noted here..

PERFECT Pressure Cooker Rice – two easy ways!

Ciao!

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.