home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot InstantPot -Beware there’s a 20% restocking fee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tomsgirl
    Participant

I bought the InstantPot for my daughter’s anniversary. Unfortunately, she read some things online and now refuses to use a pressure cooker.

So I have a Brand new, never used, lid never even opened InstantPot and I contacted the company about returning it. I figured that brand new – never used – never even lifted the lid there wouldn’t be an issue.

I was directed to their website when I called the company – and discovered to my dismay that there’s a 20% re-stocking fee!!! I have the invoice I received and there’s absolutely no mention of this.

Just wanted others to be aware.

Carla

Anonymous
    Participant

You could try suggesting she read This Website ;)

And perhaps ask if she would look at a 1950 model car and decide not to never drive because they are not safe.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Carla, I’m interested to see what your daughter read online that made her decide not to use a pressure cooker.

I looked and the Instant Pot return policy is on every page of the store – granted it’s not as generous as some large online stores but they are a small operation so every penny counts. It was a lot of negotiation to get the coupon you see here for the discount!

If you would like to avoid the re-stocking fee, what you can do is sell the new pressure cooker on e-bay. Especially now since they are still back-ordered you might even make a pretty penny.

Instant Pot has two big shipments coming in and they might actually have the pressure cooker in stock now!

I’m sorry that your thoughtful gift for your daughter did no work out.

Ciao,

L

InstantPot
    Participant

Hi Carla,

Normally, if the item has never been used, Instant Pot will waive that 20% restocking fee, however, the buyer is always responsible for the return shipping.

Best regards,

Mike

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Michael thanks for joining and giving us the details!

I hope that the original poster found a solution or decided to keep the Instant Pot for herself.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.