home Forums Recipe Conversions Lentil and nut loaf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Snoop
    Participant

I’ve been pondering for a while on making this in a bundt pan or loaf tin in a pressure cooker (Kuhn Rikon or Monix):
    https://catpatches.blogspot.com/2012/07/recipe-test-lentil-and-nut-loaf.html

I’ve seen versions of the Avoca recipe suggesting there’s no need to cook the lentils in advance, but I think it’s probably a good idea if I’m making it in the pressure cooker.

Anyone got any views on potential problems? I’ve run it through the recipe converter and am a bit concerned about all that cheese. Timing if the lentils are cooked/uncooked? I’m guessing 15-20 minutes might be plenty if the lentils are pre-cooked.

Thanks for any advice.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Snoop, cheese is only a “challenge” in a pressure cooker recipe if it is included in the base of the cooker before the recipe needs to reach pressure. It will thicken the cooking liquid needed to reach pressure in addition to being in danger of gumming-up the valves.

When cheese is folded into a recipe which is then cooked in a separate container it is not an issue at all!

In terms of cooking time.. sice the main ingredients are pre-cooked you only need to pressure cook this loaf enough time to make sure the eggs are cooked through the center.

Have fun… and come back to let us know how it turned out!!!

Ciao,

L

Snoop
    Participant

Thanks, Laura. I’ll take that as a seal of approval – it should work. I’ll start with 15 mins and add more time as necessary. In my searches for a vegetarian loaf recipe for PCs, I’ve been a bit surprised not to find one done pan-in-pot style.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.