home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Minimum water in IPDuo Mini

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    donner11
    Participant

I just got the Mini 3 qt. It’s so cute! ;-)
    I can’t find the minimum water for just meat, without a recipe.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

1 1/2 cups!

Ciao,

L

donner11
    Participant

Thanks. Cooked 5 frozen chicken legs as test, with 1 C. water.
    With the water from the legs, it was probably about 1 1/2.
    Book says 15 min. for dark pieces, and I added 10 min. from this site.
    They came out good, falling off bone.
    So, what is the minimum water in my IP 5 qt. for just meat?

Thanks.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

There is no minimum liquid requirement per ingredient – there is just a minimum liquid requirement for everything. And, as you already know, when using meat and veggies you can add some of the liquids those foods would release during cooking as part of that minimum.

I get more into detail about exactly how much in the Pressure Cooking School episode on rice and the one about meat as well – though if you have the time I recommend watching all of them. ; )

Ciao,

L

insight
    Participant

It would be great if they made their Mini travel friendly with 110-240 V power so that short and/ or long trip travelers could choose to keep having their meals via IP.

Greg
    Participant

The problem with that is the heater is is just a length of resistive wire that gets hot when you pass a current through it. You Change the thickness and length of the wire according to the voltage. It is not easy to make a dual voltage version. And if you use a transformer and a single wire, the current requirement will make the whole thing both bulky and expensive.

OTOH the electronics are dead easy. Just use an auto sensing switch mode power supply to drop the voltage to an electronics safe 5 volts or so. The trouble is this approach won’t support the high current for the heater element.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.