Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    darkfant
    Participant

I just purchased a Tayama B8 Electric Pressure Cooker. The recipes I have found call for high, medium, and low pressure settings. On this cooker the setting buttons read like meat, chicken, fish, porridge, etc. Nowhere are there any high, medium, low button. I checked the owner manual page to page and there was no mention of which of the buttons was high, medium, etc. Where can I go to find out how to cross reference these to high, medium, and slow?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

I took a look at the manual for your pressure cooker and it’s quite peculiar:

Click to access 1476941591.pdf

Specifically, it gives you the option to change the taste of the food to make it taste like “elder” or “children” !?!?!?

But it also states the working pressure is from 40-70kpa (5-10psi) so my guess is that the “taste” button actually selects the pressure level for the program. I think the best way to go about this is to contact the manufacturer and ask them at which pressure the default programs operate, and what adjustments does selecting one of the 5 “taste” settings do to the program.

http://www.tayama-usa.com/index.php/guestbook.html

Please come back to let us know what they say – and if you try it out, let us know what children taste like. ; )

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.