home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat Oseberg Tapestry Kickstarter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

@Laura, feel free to delete this if it violates your guidelines.

I came across this KickStarter project a few days ago. It is funding academic research and so is unlikely to meet its goal. Nor are you likely to get anything tangible from it. However I personally think it is worthwhile as it is researching the only known Viking tapestry. It is badly damaged and very fragile and so has not been studied in any detail. The Vikings are best known for their invasion of England ( to this Anglo-centric person at least ) but also had a trading “empire” that reached from the Americas through Europe and into Asia.

Have a look and if like me you feel it is worthwhile and have a little spare cash, back it with a little of that spare cash.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110418325/the-oseberg-tapestry-from-a-crafters-point-of-view

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Neat! Thanks for sharing – nothing is out of bounds in the Kitchen Chit-Chat. Only SPAM is forbidden. Anything else to get the conversation started is OK. : )

Ciao,

L

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks Laura.
    It’s probably a moot point now though. It only has three days left to run and is still only a quarter of the way to the target.

BTW I have no connection to it. I just saw it and felt it was worthwhile giving it slightly wider publicity. I have been to the museum where it is based. But it was a long time ago. I cannot recall if any any part of it was on display. I do remember the boat. Absolutely stunning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.