home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Overcooked Porkchops

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sraney
    Participant

Hello: Can you help me figure out what I might have done wrong. I am new with pressure cooking and thought I did as the Instantpot recipe suggested.

I put veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions, herbs, green peppers, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of water and put three pork chops on top. Pressure cooked for 6 minutes and they were tough and dry. The veggies and broth were wonderful. Should I have immersed the porkchops in the broth and veggies? Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Susan

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Sraney, you didn’t mention the cut of the pork chops. Were they regular 1/4″ thick or special thick-cut chops? It’s true, that thick-cut pork chops only need about 6 minutes under pressure – I have a recipe calling for that cooking time on the website:
    Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Cabbage

20-minute Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Cabbage

However, regular pork chops probably only need a minute or two – ditto with skinless/boneless chicken breasts.

Basically, anything that can be cooked by just browning a few minutes each side in a saute’ pan is not really a good candidate for the pressure cooker.

Ciao,

L

sraney
    Participant

Laura:

The pork chops were boneless tenderloin chops. Maybe an inch thick. I don’t cook meat very often so that is all the info I can give you. So basically you suggest not cooking them in the pressure cooker. I just wanted to cook everything together in one pot.

Thank you.
    Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.