home Forums Recipe Conversions Pork Loin Cooking Time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Pazzaglia 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kikamg
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to convert an oven recipe into an Instant Pot recipe. This is a recipe that I have not tried before but looks and sounds amazing. I am trying to see if it would be faster to cook it in the instant pot. This is the recipe: https://dinnerthendessert.com/ultimate-garlic-pork-loin-roast/

I would only be doing a 1 lb pork loin. My plan was to brown the pork loin using the saute setting, then adding 1 cup of broth and using a trivet to hold the pork — then after pressure cooking it placing it in the oven for just a couple of minutes to crisp the outside.

I was looking at the cooking times chart and I’m not sure if I should cook it for 12 minutes or 18 minutes per inch of pork thickness. I’m also unsure if the time should be a little less if I’m planning on placing it in the oven for a few minutes.

Any guidance would be appreciated. :)

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Personally, I don’t recommend pressure cooking pork loins – they tend to get overcooked quickly and become dry and stringy.

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.