November 20, 2015 at 5:33 am #30366
Welcome! You’ve come to the right place to ask for help – we want to get you and your pressure cooker back up to speed and working. Before you post, please do these three things.
- Read your pressure cooker’s manual. If you don’t have it download it from the library.
- Bring your pressure cooker up to pressure with two cups of water for 10 minutes following the step-by-step instructions in the trouble-shooter
- Register with this website so you can post in these forums – if you haven’t already.
When you post your request for help in the forums, please include the following information:
- Your pressure cooker’s manufacturer, model number and size. If you’re using a stovetop pressure cooker, please also note the cooktop type.
- Your pressure cooker’s approximate age
- Your pressure cooking experience level and how long you have been pressure cooking (i.e beginner, novice, etc).
- The results of the water test (step 2, above): Did it come to pressure? Was steam leaking? Where was it leaking from?
- The problem in detail. You can also upload photos along with your post!
- If the problem only happens with a particular recipe(s) please post a link the recipe or describe it in detail
Myself and cooks who are pretty darn experienced in pressure cookery will do our best to help you can get up and running ASAP – but some problems will require you to contact the manufacturer or retailer where you bought the pressure cooker. So please be understanding – we’re not magicians.
Don’t forget to be polite and thank those who helped resolve your pressure cooker problem.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.