November 20, 2015 at 5:33 am #30366
Welcome! You’ve come to the right place to ask for help – we want to get you and your pressure cooker back up to speed and working. Before you post, please do these three things.
- Read your pressure cooker’s manual. If you don’t have it download it from the library.
- Bring your pressure cooker up to pressure with two cups of water for 10 minutes following the step-by-step instructions in the trouble-shooter
- Register with this website so you can post in these forums – if you haven’t already.
When you post your request for help in the forums, please include the following information:
- Your pressure cooker’s manufacturer, model number and size. If you’re using a stovetop pressure cooker, please also note the cooktop type.
- Your pressure cooker’s approximate age
- Your pressure cooking experience level and how long you have been pressure cooking (i.e beginner, novice, etc).
- The results of the water test (step 2, above): Did it come to pressure? Was steam leaking? Where was it leaking from?
- The problem in detail. You can also upload photos along with your post!
- If the problem only happens with a particular recipe(s) please post a link the recipe or describe it in detail
Myself and cooks who are pretty darn experienced in pressure cookery will do our best to help you can get up and running ASAP – but some problems will require you to contact the manufacturer or retailer where you bought the pressure cooker. So please be understanding – we’re not magicians.
Don’t forget to be polite and thank those who helped resolve your pressure cooker problem.
LApril 29, 2017 at 11:21 am #104946
I have been using pressure cookers on and off for about 25 years. A couple days ago I exchanged a troublesome Fagor Duo 8qt for a Fagor Rapid Express 6.3 qt stovetop pressure cooker. When I am closing the upper lid to get it into the “lock” position, the upper lid handle hits against the lower lid and literally rides up over the lower handle as it settles into the lock position. All other pressure cookers I have used the upper handle slides nicely into position and you push the lock lever and you are set to go. Also, steam escapes around the black plastic housing around the control valve between the stainless steel top and the plastic. Is this mismatch between the two handles supposed to happen on this model? If not I need to take it back for an exchange. Note that I took another new one out of the box at Bed Bath and Beyond and it did the same thing. Thank you very much.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Sharing is Caring! : )
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)