home Forums Request Line Recent comments on main site?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

There used to be a panel on the right hand side that listed recent comments on articles – as opposed to forums. This seems to have now been replaced by an advertising panel.

Is there an easy way to see these comments now, or is it necessary to go into each individual article/recipe then scroll to the bottom to see them. If so… Ain’t gonna happen.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Hi Greg, I removed them trying to lighten-up the pages – I didn’t realize that you used that! That explains your perfectly-timed comments. I put back a less-resource intensive widget that you can see anywhere BUT the home page (unfortunately it does not include the excerpt). Or, you can always add the Comments RSS feed to your favorite news reader. Here is the URL:
    https://www.hippressurecooking.com/comments/feed/

Thanks for letting me know!

Ciao,

L

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Also, the problem with using a comment widget is that since I answer comments about once a day all in one sitting and we’re getting more comments – sometimes it shows that all of the comments come from me! : /

Ciao,

L

Anonymous
    Participant

I don’t use RSS feeds much, but I tried yours and it seems to solve my issue. The only problem is I mostly use a tablet these days and don’t have an rss reader there. Still it is not a big deal to pullout one of the big computers once a day or so. So that will solve my need for the widget. So feel free to remove it again.

The widget had other issues that meant I missed a lot of comments anyway. It was just the best system I had.

Anonymous
    Participant

As I said, I don’t use RSS much. I have now tried a few readers on the iPad. The built in one refuses to acknowledge your site as valid. I guess you don’t pay Apple enough money. Sigh.

Others work. But they all seem to have a built in lag. A post I made several hours ago, partly to try just this still hasn’t shown up in any of the readers. It IS in the side bar widget already. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? Or just using the wrong reader?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

You are seeing the delay, because the feed like every page, was being cached. I had an extra “rule” that I could use so I have removed the feeds from caching. Next time, you should see the comment right away in your news reader.

It’s odd that Apple would balk at the rss feed – it’s the standard WordPress format that at least half the websites use!!

Ciao,

L

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

test

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.