Recipe script downloads with Android

home Forums Pressure Cookers Instant Pot Recipe script downloads with Android

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar for jmuel Rainbird 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jmuel
    Participant

My Samsung Galaxy 5 downloads the recipe .cooker files as .txt files and puts them in the phone’s download folder. Can’t find a way to download them to the app. I saw one reference about changing the extension to .cooker but if I do that I still don’t know what folder in the app to move them to. Surely I’m not the only one having issues with this.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

This is what happens with my non-Instant Pot SMART compatible smartphone. Instead of loading the scripts into the app, it saves them as text files.

I would contact Instant Pot tech support directly to see if there is anything that can be done.

http://instantpot.com/contact-us/

Ciao,

L

jmuel
    Participant

Received a reply from Dongjun Wang at Instant Pot. This information should be put on the hip pressure cooking smart pot recipe page. (Should also be on InstantPot website but isn’t. Go figure.)
    Apparently most Android phones will download the recipe script as a .txt file into the downloads folder. You need to install a file manager on your android phone. (I used ES File Explorer). Go to the downloads folder and change the .txt extension on the script download to .cooker. I had already read something about this but had to ask a second time to find out what to do next. The second reply said just touch the new file and it will automatically load into the Smart Cooker app. It worked perfectly. Loaded the script, photos, directions, everything into the My Recipes section.

Rainmaker
    Participant

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have the same problem. I downloaded ES File Explorer, but cant seem to be able to change the .txt extension to a .cooker Can you tell me the steps to do this. Sorry, I’m computer challenged.

jmuel
    Participant

Open ES File Explorer and touch the top left menu (Step1)
    Touch “Download”
    Find the downloaded file (Step2)
    Long press (hold finger on file for one to two seconds) the downloaded file until you see a change in the menu at the top of the screen (see step3 photo) Press the “I” on the top menu and a “rename” box will pop up. Easiest thing to do here is to type a short name for the file like “eggplant” to replace the long alpha-numeric name. The place the cursor at the end of the “.txt” part of the name and backspace to erase the “txt” and replace it with “cooker”. Now the file will be named eggplant.cooker. If you touch the file it automatically load into the “Smart Cooker” app. You can then delete the file out of your downloads folder.
    Hope this helps

Rainmaker
    Participant

It worked! Thanks so much. Instant Pot should hire you to write their manuals!

Lilybell2
    Participant

Thank you, jmuel, for posting the solution to this very frustrating problem. The frustration comes when, after carefully following the provided instructions on how to download a Hip Pressure Cooking recipe script to the Smart app, the file ends up being a useless .txt file in the downloads folder… wrong file extension and wrong folder. Your instructions and screenshots provided the correct solution.

It’s really a shame that this important information is not conspicuously posted where it could easily be seen prior to attempting to download a recipe to the Smart app… that could save a lot of frustration and wasted time for Android smartphone users.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Jmuel, thanks so much for the info and pictures you posted here.

I link readers with questions on how to do this to this post all of the time! I also sent a link to Instant Pot and suggested they do something similar on their website. ; )

Ciao,

L

Rainbird
    Participant

I recently purchased the instant pot smart and was trying to download some of these recipes to the app but I cannot get it to work. The files say they are corrupted. I have tried to do everything this thread of conversation suggests to no avail. The downloaded file just looks like a bunch of jibberish. I have a Galaxy Note using Android 6.0.1. Perhaps the recent system update caused a problem. Help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Last update: January 14, 2016

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.