home Forums Request Line Request : 40 cloves garlic chicken recipe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eienkisu
    Participant

Hi

to all knowledgeble pressure cooker gurus. Have anyone come across a pressure cooker recipe for 40 cloves garlic chicken? Don’t have to be whole chicken, can be drumsticks, or mid joints whatever…. Thanks!

OcracokeIsland
    Participant

Never tried it, usually with garlic we always brown it slightly…YMMV….

http://pushbuttonkitchen.com/recipes/pressurecooker/pc_chicken40garlic.php

Greg
    Participant

I had a go at making my tried and true 40 Garlic Chicken in the pressure cooker last night. I normally make it in a “sealed” pot in the oven.
    Basically I used Laura’s No fuss while chicken for the method, and substituted the ingredients from my old recipe.

Ingredients
    1 whole chicken (mine was 1.2kg)
    40 cloves garlic (I actually used 55 – 4 heads)
    I broke the heads up, but left the skins on)
    3 sprigs thyme
    3 sprigs rosemary ( the bush needed a trim so they were bigger than usual – about 20cm)
    3 bay leaves
    Salt & pepper
    Olive Oil for frying
    Liquid for building pressure – I used water, but would have used stock If I had had any handy.

I put a few garlic cloves, a sprig each of thyme and rosemary, and a bayleaf inside the cavity along with a grind of pepper and salt. Then I fried it on high heat for about 3 minutes a side until the skin was golden brown.

Then I added the remaining ingredients under the chook, added 100ml of water (the minimum for my PC is 50ml but I figured I would lose some instantly adding it to the hot pan) and locked the lid. I brought it to high pressure and cooked it for 20 minutes. Then natural release. I am at altitude and usually cook for longer than specified, but this was a small bird.

I must say I was disappointed.

The bird was cooked, but not falling off the bone tender. That works best for this dish. I should have added that extra time.

More importantly the garlic flavour had vanished. I know garlic tends to vanish under pressure. But there were 55 cloves in there!

It was a nice meal served with a crusty baguette to soak up the juices. But not a great one which it usually is. I will probably go back to cooking this one in the oven.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.