home Forums Request Line Script Writing Tutorial

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    4HisGlory
    Participant

I just got my Instant Pot SMART, downloaded the app and a number of your recipes. Wonderful!!
    I’d like to convert my favorite recipes to run with a script, but I feel like I need a tutorial for how to write the Scripts. As an example, I want to program my Chicken, Lentil Soup recipe. Previously I simply pushed the SOUP button on my IP Duo. How do I convert the “Soup button” to a script?
    Basically, do you have, or know of, a link to an IP Smart Script-Writing Tutorial?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

4HisGlory, that is a great idea – and it’s not the first time I’ve been asked. So I’m going to prioritize working on it.

In the meantime, the SMART has a soup button, too. ; )

Ciao,

L

4HisGlory
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to leave the Script off the recipe using the APP, but I was prompted that I must include it, so I had to guess on it. In this case, I can use the SOUP button, but not in all cases.

I am really looking forward to your tutorial – I’d be happy to compensate you for it if you want to make it an e-book :)

Thank you for a fantastic website and all your wonderful recipes and support.

HelenAdams
    Participant

I just got a phone that will work with the Instant Pot so I am trying to write scripts as well.

I don’t find it really difficult but not really intuitive either.
    Made a script for cooking on low pressure no problem. Then I tried to make one to sauté for 5 minutes. No luck:) But I will persevere. Such a simple thing so I am probably overlooking the obvious. Some scripts I try to edit and the Android program crashes.

I would love to see a tutorial as well.

Right now I just poke around looking at similar scripts.

Suzanne
    Participant

@helen, if it does not seem too inquisitive to ask . .

I’m trying to work out if there is an ongoing cost to operate a separate Smart phone as you are doing.

Are you paying through your phone plan for a second line to use your Smart-compatible phone? Or did you pay into a plan just long enough to get the Smart app downloaded? Or did you never pay into an a plan at all because the clerk who sold you the phone and downloaded the Smart app for you had some kind of clerk magic?

Trying to see if this might be something I’d want to do sometime. I have a Samsung phone that does everything I need but is not on IP’s “blessed” list. Your solution might be a guaranteed fallback. Hope you don’t mind my asking. :-o

HelenAdams
    Participant

@Suzanne
    I never mind you asking :)
    You don’t need the phone connected at all except to Wi-Fi to download programs and scripts. MY phone is not on list either but it does have Bluetooth 4.0
    Clerk promised me full refund which is all I needed. It works to control the Smart without Sim card even installed.

If your current phone has Bluetooth 4.0 you should be able to download app. It does not show up in Apple store anyway with older IOS phones.

I am a bit surprised to find the Smart app better in some ways than Anova app but Anova app connects better.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Helen,

While you’re waiting for the tutorial… I thought I would let you know that I never “script” saute’. You have to be there to do it, anyway. So if you look at my existing scripts I have you start the recipe script once the pressure cooker is closed.

Just because some things CAN be done, it does not mean they should! ; )

Ciao,

L

Suzanne
    Participant

@Helen, thanks for the details on your phone. I didn’t realize you could operate a phone on WiFi without a phone/data plan. Good to know.

HelenAdams
    Participant

Laura, I understand your concern. I know different things take different times due to size, type etc. but my desire is to remove all (most?) danger of burning so it would just be a simple script to sauté for 3 or 4 minutes. Or heat to temp for x minutes.

My reason is that I am easily distracted and I don’t like standing over pot as well.

I know there is a slight risk of burning food but not as big a risk as me answering phone and forgetting about sauté.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.