home Forums Beginner Basics Setting usages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tbonner63
    Participant

Been using the Instant Pot for over 2 years, virtually every day and love it. Have never had a bad meal yet!

Every time I use a recipe I always have the same question.

Why do recipes have you use the Manual setting instead of say the Poultry setting?

Is there really any difference between the settings?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

tbonner, no… there is no difference between the settings. Think of the named settings, such as poultry, as a short-cut that already includes Instant Pot’s recommended time and pressure for that item – BTW often it does not match my published recommended times.

I often use the bean/chili setting to do chilis because of the default time left on my manual/pressure cook setting is usually 1, 3 or 5 minutes. Less clicks to get to 30 if I hit the bean setting.

At the beginning of the electric pressure cooker market, there was a race for who could provide the most “buttons” and Instant Pot definitely played into that. Since there wasn’t much information out there people would compare one pressure cooker to another based on how many settings it had.

With the digital displays, I’m seeing a slight lean towards simplifying the interface and seeing buttons only for functions, not food types.

And, I’m all for simplicity!!

Ciao,

L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.