home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat "Soup" or "Manual" button on IPDUO60?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Lee
    Participant

Should I use the “Manual” button or one of the food-specific buttons, “Soup”, “Rice”, and so on?

I’ve seen some opinions about this, but so far, no actual evidence about which is best.

I come to this issue as a veteran (but not graduate) of the issue of “flavor profiles” in coffee roasting, where when, in the roasting process, the temperature peaks and how fast the temperature decreases at the end of the roast is supposed to affect the quality of the roast. But I don’t even know whether choice among the various buttons on an electric PC makes any difference, except setting the default time under pressure.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Greg, most of the preset programs are only a short-cut to choose time and pressure. There are a couple of exceptions and they can be noted here:
    http://instantpot.com/technology/smart-cooking-programs/

Personally, I only use “Manual” and sometimes “Steam” to get to the 10 min listing faster. ; )

Ciao,

L

Greg Lee
    Participant

Thanks for the reference. But it doesn’t quite say what you say, and it doesn’t tell me what I’m curious about. Is there a point to using the various buttons other than “Manual”? If not, how do we know?

Debby Ann
    Participant

FWIW, I’ve been searching recipes and info for about 3 weeks, obviously starting as a newbie. I have yet to see anyone using programs. All seem to use manual for everything. So, as I’ve followed their recipes (with success!), I’ve followed their directions and simply used manual for everything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.