home Forums Recipe Conversions Stuffed Bell Peppers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alclubb 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alclubb
    Participant

I have seen many recipes for Stuffed Bell Peppers using the normal meat/rice mixture for the filling. I’ve also seen your recipe, Laura, for the ricotta stuffed bell peppers. I want to use my regular meat mixture like I have always done in the oven, which is basically my meatball recipe, but cook them on a rack in the pressure cooker. I am going to brown the meat in a skillet because I don’t want to put the raw meat mixture in the bell peppers, thus making the cooking time too long. Using four medium sized bell peppers stuffed with the cooked ground beef mixture, how long should I cook the peppers in the pressure cooker? I was thinking maybe 5-6 minutes???

Thanks,
    Ann

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Five minutes would be for a 1 1/2 inch “meatball” size of the mixture – you may have to do more. Try 7 minutes, and measure the center with a meat thermometer to make sure this works for your mixture. Remember, the cooking time is based on the “size” of the ingredient so if your medium-sized peppers have a “larger” stuffing you’ll have to keep that in mind.

BTW, the cooking time for my ricotta stuffed peppers would not work here because the goal of that cooking time is to get the egg in the mixture cooked. ; )

Ciao,

L

alclubb
    Participant

Thank you, Laura. The meat mixture for my peppers will already be cooked. Would I still do 7 minutes?

Thanks,
    Ann

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Ah, OK! So the meat,is already cooked? Then, no, you don’t need to pressure cook your peppers for longer. Then 5 minutes would be OK to get the peppers tender!

Ciao,

L

alclubb
    Participant

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking but wanted to check with you.

Ann

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.