home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat T-Fal Clipso 6 Qt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KellieT
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’d like to purchase a 6 Qt T-Fal Clipso PC to add to my collection. I usually use a 8QT Fagor Chef on my gas stove but looking for a PC that’s a little bit smaller. Does anyone have experience with these?
    Also, these operate at 12 PSI. Does that make much of a difference in cooking time compared with a PC operating @ 15 PSI?
    Thank you
    Kellie

HelenAdams
    Participant

I recently bought a T-Fal Neo 4 quart at an excellent price. I am impressed with the quality of the steel and the change in noise when it reaches pressure and the very low amount of heat it seems to take to maintain pressure.

It is a bit different in the way the pressure valve/button operate from what I am used to but very nice all the same.

KellieT
    Participant

Well, I broke down last night and ended up buying it…great deal 50% off at Canadian Tire. I figured it was worth getting and trying it out…I could always return it. Used it to make chicken stock today. I am pleasantly surprised. T-Fal makes a quality product. The pot is a nice heavy steel and I love the one handed open and close feature. I found it quieter while cooking than my Fagor Chef. I don’t think the 12 psi is going to be much of an issue. I’m thinking this 6QT will probably get more use than the Fagor.
    I’m very pleased :)

HelenAdams
    Participant

Gotta love Canadian Tire and their sales. That is where I bought my T-Fal Neo at 70% off. Even if I didn’t pressure cook it is a fabulous pan for the price.

KellieT
    Participant

70% off is a real steal! I love Canadian Tire for the great sales on frying pans, too.
    It’s annoying to me that in Canada there are so few retailers that carry pressure cookers instore. I’m the type that likes to actually get the pan in my hands and really give it a good look. Oh well, I think I’m at my PC limit anyway :)

Risto
    Participant

I got my 4 L Tefal Secure Neo from in the mail today, after a bit of a misadventure with a 4 L IKEA Värdesätta cooker. I had to return the IKEA one since it just vented too much steam constantly. The build quality of the Tefal one is on another level, and obviously the vents behave as they should. The price is almost double compared to the cheapo IKEA (40 versus 75 euro), but I’m very happy, finally. I like Tefal’s design a lot. I just made a chickpea and potato curry with the, first cooking the chickpeas from dry in 25 minutes and then the curry in just 8 minutes at high pressure.

KellieT
    Participant

@Risto I’m glad you’re having a good experience with your Secure Neo. T-Fal puts out a good product!
    I have primarily been using my Clipso since I bought it and had nothing but good results. It was a very smart purchase. I guess my Fagor Chef 8 qt will be collecting dust (except for my stock making sessions :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.