home Forums Problems or Issues timing troubles with steamed chicken breast

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kimyo
    Participant

i’m starting with fresh chicken breasts, medium-large to large. i have a fagor stovetop cooker. i’ve tried both the ‘boiled’ (1min, natural release) and ‘steamed’ (3 min, natural) methods multiple times.

using the times listed above, the breasts are still raw inside.

using the steamed option, i get fully cooked chicken breast at about 6 minutes, but the meat is drier than i’d like.

nutrition-wise, i prefer steamed but will switch to boiled if i can get reliable results.

thanks in advance for any tips. i’d prefer to dump the chicken right into the pot, but perhaps i should make a long and deep cut through the thickest part?

Greg
    Participant

Chicken breast is tricky. It cooks very fast and is quite uneven in thickness. Personally I have moved chicken breast to sous vide (59°C for 60minutes then I crumb it and deep fry fro a few seconds to put a crust on it)

However, given that you have a pressure cooker, but presumably not a sous vide set up…
    It sounds like you don’t have a “standard” stove top. Or perhaps you are at altitude. Try using the cooking times for the higher pressure Electric.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.