home Forums Recipe Swap Tuna Casserole

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    milford
    Participant

I’ve seen numerous recipes for mac & cheese in the pressure cooker. are there any specifically for a tuna casserole? (with tuna and extra veggies in the casserole?)

Anonymous
    Participant

I make this fairly regularly. Delicious. I usually add kalamata olives at the end of cooking. I see no reason why you couldn’t stir in some frozen peas or corn at the end too. They will heat almost instantly in the hot pasta.

QUICK! Pressure Cooked Pasta with Tuna and Capers

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Greg, tuna casserole is an American Classic. Here is a basic conventional recipe:
    http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/tuna-noodle-casserole

This is the kind of dish that would require so many tweaks to make in the pressure cooker that is probably easier to just make it in the oven.

Even if you pressure cooked the “insides” of the casserole you’d still have to mix-in most of the ingredients after pressure cooking (i.e. condensed cream of mushroom soup) and slide it under the broiler to get that “oven finish”.

Ciao,

L

Anonymous
    Participant

Ah. OK Thanks for that. I know it as Tuna Mornay. Though I usually make the Salmon variant. I use a modified bechamel as the sauce – I add white pepper, paprika and Gherkins (Cornichons) and sometimes nutmeg to a basic bechamel. And no I would NOT make this in in a Pressure Cooker either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.