home Forums Pressure Cookers Tupperware Pressure Cooker

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Greg.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne
    Participant

Hi there, I am new to the site and to Pressure Cookers!! I have been given a Tupperware Pressure Cooker – are these recipes compatible?

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

The recipes on this website are not written specifically for microwaveable pressure cookers. But you can certainly follow them browning in a separate pan, being conscious about the fill level of the Tupperware, and following their recommended microwaving times.

Ciao,

L

Greg
    Participant

I have a relative who is a Tupperware dealer. I checked with her. They have a working pressure of 60kPa or 9psi. So it is quite low pressure as pressure cookers go. You will need to increase the time of most recipes quite a bit. However the way they heat the water and food itself will change things too. So I am unsure as to what will happen in any given case.

Also while they talk about the 2/3 full rule, they don’t mention the 1/2 full rule for foaming foods (Pulses, rice etc). Don’t be misled. You will still need to follow that one too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.