home Forums Pressure Cookers Unevented cookers (Kuhn, Fissler) and taming the "low" setting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    l26wangca
    Participant

Hi Laura and all,

I asked this question on egullet, but thought I’d ping you here since I don’t know how often you check there … http://forums.egullet.org/topic/146195-unvented-pressure-cookers-kuhn-rikon-fissler-and-psi-control/

I want to buy a Fissler Vitaquick, but it occured to me that it would be difficult to achieve “low” setting on my electric stove compared to a vented cooker (Fagor Futuro probably).

How has your experience been with the Kuhn Rikon and Fissler in this regard?

Even for the “high” pressure setting, would it be difficult to tell if it’s on 14 PSI or 17 PSI? I really want the safest cooker possible, but also need repeatability in cooking. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know about it. I usually monitor those forums regularly for pressure cooker questions but am in the middle of a big project at the moment so I’ve only been focusing on answering here.

I have answered in the e-gullet forums. I hope it wasn’t too much information – definitely fodder for my next technical article!

Let me know if you have anymore questions – I should be getting auto-alerts of replies from that topic, now.

Ciao,

L

Jaimie
    Participant

I just have to say that the Fissler is an amazing product. Once I figured out how it worked, I have no problem maintaining the high or low pressure. I was used to a Fagor with two inserts, one for high and one for low, but it was ancient and died. I can’t recommend the Fissler enough. Mine is not stamped US but it does say “max 150 kpa.” I know this doesn’t answer your question specifically, but I thought I’d weigh in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.