home Forums Recipe Swap RECIPE: Veganized Cottage Pie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

I made your Cottage Pie recipe for my brother and a neighbor and it was a hit.
    I must say the recipe is very easy to make and I learned a new trick, the potatoes on top. I’m not including the recipe since it is on this site already.

So of coarse I veganized it a few days later using 1 cup lentils for the meat and added a rutabaga.
    IMO the very best non-dairy milk is made with cashews so I got out the vitamix and made some cashew milk to mash the potatoes with and it was really tough getting those potatoes on the casserole, I’m going to have to make a bigger batch of potatoes next time cause quality control put a serious dent in the final batch quantity. :)
    I saw my brother sneaking seconds so I guess he like the veganized version also but he wouldn’t admit it.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Wow, what a great success story! Love the swaps you made. Of course – you can also mash the potatoes with just water, or mix-in cauliflower (like I do here https://www.hippressurecooking.com/mash-potato-recipe-pcs/).

Thanks for sharking your rendition!!

Ciao,

L

P.S. Almost all of the recipes I made for the Pressure Cooking School are actually vegan – except for the meat ones of course. When I did the first learning series Beginner Basics, I had lots of requests for a vegan-only lesson plan but even though I can’t do that I hope that most of recipes in the series will make vegans happy.

Although I am not personally vegan, I am Italian and our culture only eats meat once, max twice a week vs. the standard American diet that includes meat three times a day). My thinking is, that it can never hurt to propose delicious meat-free options for Americans to add to their weekly rotation – especially since many are vegan-curious but not prepared to go all-the-way. ; )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.