home Forums Request Line We're going to try it again..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

I have made it so that people can comment and rate recipes without logging-in. Doing this for a short trial period again to see how my anti-spam software has improved. If everyone behaves,and I don’t spend my time weeding out bad apples, that could be permanent.

You still need to register an log in to post to the forums, convert recipes and get our edge-of-your-seat newsletter. ; )

Ciao,

L

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

P.S. For the moment all comments are moderated – when I have more confidence in the SPAM filters, comments from registered users will be posted immediately while those from just-commenters will be moderated.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Wow, the spam management of has gotten so much better. This weekend 193 spam messages were automatically filtered out of the que- I didn’t even have to review them.

I have turned on that if you’re logged-in your comment will appear immediately. If you’re just posting a comment with name and e-mail the comment will have to be moderated.

But, as before, comments with attached pictures o links will continue to be moderated – no matter who posts them.

Ciao,

L

Anonymous
    Participant

Just posted over on the tuna pasta recipe and am awaiting moderation. Logged in. No links or pictures. So you don’t have the settings per your last post quite right yet.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

OK, when I saw your comment I realized there was a lever I hadn’t tripped, yet. It should work now. If the page has anything in the URL after the slash – for example you followed a link to see a comment- you won’t see any of the bells and whistles. That’s not an easy fix, unfortunately.

Thanks for being my guinea pig. ; )

Ciao,

L

Anonymous
    Participant

No worries. The five stars I gave it came off in the wash though.

I am going to try the mac & cheese tonight. I will try to remember to post a comment on that in the next day or so.

Anonymous
    Participant

It all worked well this time. But you only got four stars from me for the Mac & cheese.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

That’s great. The ratings should reflect your experience. : )

Ciao,

L

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Ok, the trial period is over. For now, the plan is to leave the site so that anyone can comment without registering. Since it’s not taking me any extra time to moderate out all of the SPAM we will keep it this way indefinitely. I will only change it back if the SPAM management starts getting out-of-hand again.

Happy commenting, photographing and rating, everyone!

Ciao,

L

EileenDenver
    Participant

Right now I can’t post on the Deodorising Gasket Forum and I don’t know why. It keeps telling me I can’t post unless I am signed in but I AM signed in.

HelenAdams
    Participant

I have had the same thing happen with various places. I could comment in some places and not in others.
    Or see some posts and not others. Or links not working.
    Usually it will work eventually if you are patient or stubborn enough.

bobcat7
    Participant

I am still not able to comment or post new. Have tried updating. hit submit and my post just disappears. hope this one gets through. I am logged in.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Hi Bob, I see your posts and I’m going through them now. As a new member your posts are automatically moderated to make sure you’re not a spammer. Your posts will go through right away now – since it’s obvious that you’re here for the pressure cookery not spam!

Welcome!

Ciao,

L

bobcat7
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.