home Forums Kitchen Chit-Chat What do you think of the new videos?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

You’ve probably noticed that I’ve rolled out a new series of video recipes – plus some older recipes. I’ve recorded quite a few and have some more in the hopper to publish in the next few months.

They’re done in, what I think to be, a more modern style and take my dedication of giving step-by-step photos for EVERY SINGLE RECIPE to the next level.

However, I would love some feedback on them. Love them? Hate them? Why? Also, for my next recording flurry of new and old recipes… which existing recipes would you like to see?

In case you missed them, here are the latest new video recipes…

Pressure Cooker Chicken, Black Beans & Rice Burrito Bowl

Pressure Cooker Pasta with Broccoli & Sausage One Pot

CRACKED! Soft, Medium, and Hard Boiled Eggs in the pressure cooker

Ciao,

L

alclubb
    Participant

I love them. Being so new to pressure cooking, seeing a video is a huge help in knowing exactly how to do certain things. A recipe can say something, but people have different understandings of what a particular word means. For instance, in your video of how to cook risotto, it was a huge help to see the rice when it got to the right stage before adding the liquid.

HelenAdams
    Participant

I was not aware of them. I have watched your risotto video every time I make risotto and just yesterday recommended your videos/recipes for probably the 50th time. Maybe more.

Just for the record the previous videos I watched here were very helpful and detailed and charming. Plus the step by step photos and instructions are great too. And elegant.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

OK, you both commented on the video I made two years ago!

Actually the newer videos only show the step-by-steps without an explanation. For example, the burrito bowl video.

What do you think of those?

Ciao,

L

HelenAdams
    Participant

None of them work for me from here. Nothing happens. Zilch. Will try from main page

alclubb
    Participant

OK, I just watched the burrito bowl video. I, personally, like the risotto video better than this one, but I prefer to hear what you have to say. To me, this is more similar to still pictures that go along with a recipe. I can see where it does show how to make the foil sling and stack things in the pressure cooker. I think there is probably a market for both types of videos. My personal preference is the more traditional video.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback, Ann. Perhaps I can try doing a voice-over for the next batch of videos – at least for the more complicated recipes.

I’m trying to keep it simple. New techniques and ideas are nice, but some people just want to make dinner. : )

Ciao,

L

HelenAdams
    Participant

I managed to watch them using chrome although there were errors. The egg one stopped half-way through twice and then worked and codec errors on the pasta one.

They are very nice but like Ann I prefer the previous ones. I have learned a lot from them:)
    These are kind of like instructables without the instructions?
    Since you are using mis en place I would like to see it at the beginning telling to assemble it first. No mis en place for the eggs but should say refrigerated eggs? If it did I missed it. Also instead of add ingredient it should give qty. Add 1/2 cup etc. It almost feels like I have come into a magic show without my wand. The burrito bowl whipped by so fast I only understood the presentation.

I personally prefer someone talking and explaining to bouncy music. You have an excellent presence but I appreciate it is possibly harder to produce the video if you are in it.

The new videos are nice and I was thrilled to see the Breville in action because we know I want one:)

I am afraid I still prefer the earlier ones as I could actually cook from them pausing in appropriate places but I enjoyed the new videos anyway.

Still my favorite pressure cooker site and IMO the best.

MarionNY
    Participant

Love the visuals. Like having instructor right in my
    kitchen with me!

KellieT
    Participant

I just watched the sausage, broccoli and pasta one pot video. You did a nice job with it–very high quality that is evident.
    IMO I would have liked seeing the ingredient amounts/quantities stated…nice double-check if you’re cooking along with the video.
    I really like your idea of voice over. I think that would be great!
    For the record, I’ve learned to pressure cook watching your older videos on this site. They were very well done and took me from being a scared to pressure cook newbie to being competent and at ease with pressure cooking (who now owns too many PCs lol!). I highly appreciate your expertise and website here. Thank you!

Anonymous
    Participant

I like the videos.

My only suggestion is to also point out what not to do when following the recipe, as you did in the risotto recipe video i.e. explaining why raw onions in a pressure cooker is not recommended.

I must say that I’ve learnt so much from this website. :)

danielr417
    Participant

Thanks for your sharing. I love these videos. They are really useful for me to cook more dishes for my family.

Laura Pazzaglia
    Keymaster

Great suggestions, everyone! I will keep tweaking the videos until I find a good format. In the meantime, in case you didn’t notice, at the very-top menu at the top of the page (recipe menu for mobiles) there is a direct link to all of the videos so far.
    https://www.hippressurecooking.com/category/videos/

There’s more coming, of course. I’m two weeks behind everything right now because my son (the sushi chef) is finishing 5th grade and there are lots of events for me to cook for and prepare on top of the two birthdays last week, (my kids are born the 1st and 2nd June). I always dread this month because I can’t get a lot of work done – and since I have activities this year, too (Group Dancing & Goshindo) the end-of-year exhibitions and activities I have to attend have grown exponentially!!!

I’m going to try some new looks and formats, and try talking while I cook – like I do at my cooking demos to see if I like it (I can always mute it and play music if it doesn’t work). I want to tweak it until it’s just-right and then, when I get to a good groove, stick to that format.

Keep the good ideas coming!

Ciao,

L

elynsaks
    Participant

I have watched it right away and its good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.